A dash cam is a camera that is mounted to a car’s windshield or dashboard and continuously records video while driving.
- This is an advantage for several reasons:
- There is first-hand evidence of car accidents for insurance claim purposes.
- Undisciplined drivers or police harassment can be reported.
- You are able to prevent insurance fraud and scams.
- You can capture your entire road trip.
- You have footage of what happens near your car when it is unattended.
- Crime witnessed on the road can be reported with video evidence.
- Driver behaviour can be monitored and managed if you have company vehicles.
HOW DOES HC1 DIFFER TO OTHER DASH CAMS ON THE MARKET?
- Our patented-design dash cam was contrived to suit the needs of drivers in South Africa.
- We use a supercapacitor instead of a lithium battery because it is able to handle high temperatures without overheating &/or exploding, which the lithium battery has a risk of doing.
- We have adopted the American TI 1080P FHD signal transmission chipset which allows separation of the lens and the DVR control hub, allowing both parts of the device to be flexible and discreet in their placement.
- We also boast a much wider angle lens than most other dash cams on the market.